Five Reasons to Try Handcrafted Soap
So are you wondering what all the hype is about? Why is everyone you know buying up handcrafted bath and body products at local markets? If you haven’t made the switch to locally made, handcrafted products yet, here are 5 reasons you might want to give it a try!
5. Free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. Our ingredients DO NOT contain any of these synthetic detergents or fillers.
4. NO animal testing! Rest assured that the products you buy at Prairie Dust are never tested on animals! Our toughest critics are our family members who test all new products and if they don’t like it, we don’t sell it!
3. Simple easy to read ingredients. The base oils for our soaps are olive oil, rice bran oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. To this we add salts, clays, essential oils, etc….simple, right?
2. Good for your skin! Unlike commercially produced soaps, handcrafted soaps contain moisturizing glycerin, a natural by-product of the soap-making process. Most commercial soap manufacturers remove the glycerin and sell it to other industries such as pharmaceuticals, foods, and other products. The glycerin remains in handcrafted soaps, meaning you get pure soap that gently cleanses without over drying your skin!
1. Support local artisans. Ok, so this is a biggie! We believe small businesses are critical to supporting communities and the economy. We highly value our craft and fellow tradesman. If we don’t have the soap or product you’re looking for, there is a huge number of local crafters who probably do! So go get dirty and support them!
Posted on Fri, December 1, 2017
by Bonnie Skaggs